Hall of Fame 2008
I. The Distinguished Knight in Shining Armor Alumni Award:
David Heagerty, Class of ‘45
- David Heagerty served for more than 30 year with Rotary at the club, district and international levels. He served as President of the downtown San Jose Rotary and then as the region's District Governor. He also served on numerous community improvement boards. He has more than 40 years of marketing communications. He partnered with his cousin and Castlemont graduate George Coakley to form The Coakley-Heagerty Company, Silicon Valley's oldest advertising and public relations firm, named sixth largest in The Business Journal's ranking of agencies for 2001. A 1950 Journalism graduate of San Jose State University, he served as President of the National Alumni Association in 1957, the College's centennial year.
Patricia Preyer, Class of ‘82
- “I would like to Nominate Patricia Preyer for the Community Service Alumnus Award. Patricia has been active in the Oakland community in and around Castlemont for the past 25 years. Patricia has worked as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner for Children’s Hospital and Research Center Oakland and the Kaiser Foundation Hospital providing care, support, and guidance to many in the Oakland / East Bay community including many of the students at Castlemont High School .
- Patricia has also supported the school by working on the Castlemont High School--School Site Council and as the Medic on the football field during home games for the 2007-2008 football season. Patricia has participated in classroom presentations on Health-care at Castlemont and many times has supported the students at Castlemont at school outings within the community.
- When asked by Gary Yee to participate in the Castlemont High School Alumni Association, Patricia jumped at the opportunity to be involved in supporting her High School, and continuing to work with the students and faculty at Castlemont.”
Roxana Larsen, Class of ‘51
- Roxana, a retired nurse, is a dedicated member of the Castlemont H.S. Alumni Association. She has both served as Secretary and member of the Board of Directors for the Alumni Association. She has a unique ability to recruit and getting peopleinvolved with the Alumni Association, and is deeply connected to the Block C ladies group. Currently, she is partnering in a venture to provide Castlemont reunion and alumni events with Knight decorations.
Tom Tancready, ‘49
- “Tom went to USC and played football there. After USC, he taught and coached Jr. High for a few years, coached at Castlemont. Tom is one of those people who have been very involved with Castlemont over the years.”